The master study course Information Technology/Computer Engineering provides knowledge and skills for working in academic and industry fields. In addition to the compulsory lectures, students choose from the portfolios electrical engineering and computer science.
An examplary master study procedure comprises of 3 terms. Individual deviations are possible and common.
- Attending the module „Embedded multi-processor systems“ (6 credit points).
- The students implement a project work of an extent of 6 credit points.
- The students attend three modules from the electrical engineering portfolio and three modules from the computer science portfolio, to an extent of 18 credit points each.
- Another electrical engineering or computer science module has to be studied.
Overview knowledge on other topics:
- The students attend a non-technical elective from the university's total offer (6 credit points).
Examination performance and graduation
- Most of the modules are completed with an marked examination.
- After successfully completing a module, the student gets credit points (ECTS). These shall display the workload related to the module.
- For completing the master studies successfully, students have to achieve 90 credit points minimum.
A detailed description of the master study course Informational Technology/Computer Engineering (examination and study regulations included) are provided here.
Perspectives after graduation
- The M.Sc. in information technology/computer engineering particularly qualifies for managing engineering works in the following professional fields: Development and sale in industry environments and medium-sized companies, project management, work in associations, non-governmental organisations and in administration, work in research laboratories.
- The M.Sc. in information technology/computer engineering enables a subsequent dissertation.
A more autonomous scientific work than those of computer science bachelor graduates is expected from master graduates. They autonomously implement development and research work in industry or research institutions and take over management tasks.
Duration of studies:
Form of studies:
part-time studies possible
Master of Science
German and English