- For accessing the public laboratories of the Institute of Computer Science and the professional and specialist labs, a user account has to be applied for at the Institute of Computer Science. A list of rooms is provided via the menu item Institute --> Konrad Zuse Building.
The user application is available for download here: User application Institute of Computer Science
- The user application must be submitted, completely filled in and with all relevant signatures, to Mrs Erdmann, room 264.
- The account is only delivered personally, for students upon presentation of their student identity card. Delivery periods are Tuesdays and Thursdays from 13 to 14.30 pm during the terms and upon agreement between the terms. The applications have to be submitted on the previous day latest.
- In case of questions on the account we kindly ask you to address the following email contact: katrin.erdmannuni-rostockde.
- A user account comprises of user ID (usually the first letter of the first name, the first letter of the last name and a sequential three digits number) and a related password.
- With this user account, a user can login at the computers accessible for users. The password must be changed after the first login. The new password chosen by the user must be complex enough (letters, figures, special characters) not to be guessed by unauthorized persons or not to be identified by comparison with dictionaries.
- The combination of user ID (publicly known) and password (only known to the user) serves for authentication of the user to the system. The password must be kept confidential by the user in the same way as bank or credit card PIN. The user bears full responsibility for the consequences resulting from any password abuse caused by unauthorized passing.
The user gets a home directory on a file server with his account where account related configuration data can be stored. The user may store even data generated by him/herself in this directory.
When getting an account you will be informed about its validity. The validity of the user account at the Institute of Computer Science is linked to the validity of the user account at the IT and Media Centre. We kindly ask you to contact the issuing body in good time before the account expires and to apply for prolongation.
- User accounts can be blocked automatically or by the IT manager in charge if unauthorized or improper use of the system is suspected or detected.
- We kindly ask you to contact the systems engineer in charge.
- You may change your password inside the Computer Science-LAN via web interface at https://oscar.informatik.uni-rostock.de
- In case of forgotten passwords we kindly ask you to contact the systems engineer in charge.
We kindly ask you to change your password immediately and inform the staff in charge of the systems affected (systems engineers) who may even support you with the defense against possible attacks on your account.
- When you finalize your studies or work at the university, we kindly ask you to pass on the relevant data to the supervisor or superior in charge. All data stored in your home directory will be deleted with the deactivation.
- We kindly ask you to unsubscribe your accounts in special systems first by contacting the systems engineer you received the account from.