- For accessing the public laboratories of the Institutes of Computer Science and the professional and specialist labs, a user account has to be applied for at the Institutes of Computer Science. A list of rooms is provided via the menu item Institute --> Konrad Zuse Building.
The user application is available for download here: User application Institutes of Computer Science
- The user application form can be filled in completely and signed and sent by e-mail to the Institutes of Computer Science: account-csuni-rostockde. The output of the account is also done electronically.
- In case of questions on the account we kindly ask you to address the following email contact: account-csuni-rostockde.
- User accounts are created upon request.
- Duration for students
- Duration for employees and guests of Computer Science Institutes
- Deletion of data
The duration of the user account for students is linked to the existence of an account at the IT and Media Center. Once a year a comparison takes place. Accounts that no longer exist in the IT and Media Center will be blocked.
The duration of the user account is determined in consultation with the respective chair holder. There will be an annual check, and the account will be blocked if necessary.
The deletion of the user account as well as the associated data takes place 90 days after the blocking of the user account.
- The password of the Computer Science Account has a validity of 999 days. If it is not reset within this period, it will automatically become invalid. In the last 4 weeks before the deadline, STG will inform you of this several times by e-mail.
- You may change your password inside the Computer Science-LAN via web interface at https://oscar.informatik.uni-rostock.de
- You may change your password outside the Computer Science-LAN by connecting to the server honshu.informatik.uni-rostock.de via ssh and then using the command kpasswd.
- If your password is invalid or in case of forgotten password please contact your responsible system engineer or directly: account-csuni-rostockde.
- When you finalize your studies or work at the university, we kindly ask you to pass on the relevant data to the supervisor or superior in charge. All data stored in your home directory will be deleted with the deactivation.
- We kindly ask you to unsubscribe your accounts in special systems first by contacting the systems engineer you received the account from.