Brief presentation bachelor study course Informational Technology/Computer Engineering
The study course is structured into modules, most of them lasting for one term, and different teaching and learning forms on a subject (e.g. lectures, tutorials and project events). An exemplary bachelor study course procedure lasts 7 terms. Individual deviations are possible and common.
Study course contents and process
Teaching of knowledge and skills in the basic subjects of computer science and electrical engineering. This module must be attended by all students (compulsory module). A module from another faculty must be chosen.
Choices from the mandatory field computer science and electrical engineering (12 credit points per subject area minimum). Three compulsory modules must be attended.
- Choice between a practical training (15 credit points) or one more mandatory field module, one more module from another faculty and the seminar B.Sc. ITTI.
- Completion with the bachelor thesis (compulsory module) on a topic freely chosen by the student and to be agreed upon with the supervisor and reviewers.
Examination performance and graduation
- Most of the modules are completed with an examination. Different examination forms exist here (e.g. oral and written examination).
- The modules are usually marked.
- After successfully completing a module, the student gets credit points (ECTS). These shall display the workload related to the module.
- For completing the bachelor studies successfully, students have to achieve 210 credit points minimum.
- The B.Sc. Informational Technology/Computer Engineering allows starting continuative master studies at the University of Rostock or other universities.
- The B.Sc. Informational Technology/Computer Engineering is a first job-qualifying degree that offers excellent professional perspectives in many fields.
We recommend to continue with studying the Master of Science.
A detailed description of the bachelor study course Informational Technology/Computer Engineering (examination and study regulations included) are provided here.
Every winter term
Duration of studies:
Form of studies:
Full-time studies with optional practical training;
part-time studies possible
Bachelor of Science
Departmental student advisor,
Prof. Tobias Weber
Richard-Wagner-Str. 31, Building 8
18119 Rostock (Warnemünde)
Rom W: 8.228
Phone: +49(0)381 - 498 7310