Enhanced Interactive Spiral Display
Christian Tominski (with Steffen Hadlak)
University of Rostock, 2008
- C. Tominski and H. Schumann. Enhanced Interactive Spiral Display. Proceedings of the Annual SIGRAD Conference, Special Theme: Interactivity, Stockholm, Sweden, Linköping University Electronic Press, 2008.
- Mouse hover: Highlight and label a segment
- Left mouse button drag: zoom into a region of interest
- Right mouse button: exit zoom mode
- Sprial scrolling: when scroll arrows are visible, you can press [LEFT] key or [RIGHT] key or click the arrows to change the current view
- Mouse wheel, [PAGE UP] key, [PAGE DOWN] key: scroll current view by one cycle (i.e., by the number of segments per cycle)
Important note: Java's security policies make it necessary that you manually add https://www.informatik.uni-rostock.de to the Exception Site List.
- The first line in a data file must contain unique attribute names separated by semicolon
- The second line contains the data types of the attributes also separated by semicolon
- Valid data types are "Real", "Integer", and "Date"
- The rest of the lines contains the actual data
- Note that a temporal reference is only recognized if "Date" is the first attribute in the file
- Further note that the tool is not very cooperative with respect to duplicate attribute identifiers, missing values, or too many separators, so be careful when preparing your data
Date;AvgTemp;Precipitation;RelHumidity Date;Real;Real;Integer 1893-01-01;-10.6;0;79 1893-01-02;-12.9;0.1;97 1893-01-03;-12;3.2;85 ...